To support the innovative policies and strengthen the territorial governance, nine vertical actions in South-Eastern Europe are implemented. These actions can be grouped into four different theme-based fields:
- Development of cultural tourism;
- Enhancement of rural territory and natural environment;
- Support of SMEs and cross-border business cooperation;
- Territorial planning and social services.
Within these actions, South-East European partners, together with the actors of their territory, will be asked to work on the formulation and implementation of innovative local policies on specific themes.
These actions will be performed in partnership with Italian and South-East European actors through different possible kinds of activity:
- Surveys/analyses/studies/mapping of territories of South-Eastern Europe,
- Training/Exchange of experiences among the different actors involved, technical assistance for short and medium term strategic planning in the different sectors,
- Implementation of small interventions, priority and innovative, for the territories that are part of the initiative.